...

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Explanation

I just had to create this blog before someone else took the name I picked for it :D Whether I ever added to it or not.

There will be crafting, positive thoughts, free printables, LDS items among other things on this blog. So, I was first thinking there are a couple things I would like to share with my fellow pinterest people, but could not figure out how to 'upload by pinner' ; add something without it actually being connected to a site. So if I made my own blog, I could pin my pictures from that.




I also was able to read this about blogging when you have children to take care of.
She talks about how you can blog when those kids are sleeping, compile thoughts in your head during the few precious quiet times in the day or write down notes on paper when they come to you.

"Blogging with kids can be an adventure–but you are recording memories that generations upon generations can read, and being your very own family’s historian".
You can see it here.



So, a couple months ago I was praying for missionary experiences. The next day, this was a headline on our internet main page on lds.org

You can see it here though I copied and pasted it because of how much I just wanted it right here to remind me.
I did not want to take it as just "a coincidence," so I finally acted on it. Whether I have 'followers' on this blog or not, I know that throughout this 'journal entry' journey, I will effect someone with my desire to speak up through the written word! :D (you will find I like the quotation marks..)

Sharing via Blogs

Publishing your life through a blog can be an excellent way to share with the world what being a member of the Church means to you.
Share with the world what being a member of the Church means to you.

What to Share?

You can be a missionary just by being a good example of a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For example, telling your
 friends you went to church on Sunday lets them know you participate
 actively in the gospel. By your everyday actions, others can also know
 that Mormons strive to follow Christ.
Now imagine your influence expanding even greater on a blog.

Blogging Basics

Not sure where to blog? You can use websites that are easy to use and publish with, like Blogger
 or Wordpress.
Don’t forget to promote your blog. Ask your family, friends, and fellow members in the Church
 to subscribe to your blog. Share the link to blog posts on your social media channels.
Interact with your readers by replying to comments. You can also link to other blogs in your posts.
Most important, follow the Holy Ghost’s guidance as you contemplate ways you can use your
blog to share the gospel.

3 Tips That Will Make a Big Difference 

1. Write about your day-to-day life
2. Update your blog often
3. Share experiences or what you learn at Church or in your family home evening



No comments:

Post a Comment