...

Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Potion

As these words are my diary screaming out loud, here is my release. A place I can write. I've been having a hard time lately, for no reason in particular. It comes and goes and it is extremely hard to explain. As H was trying to pour out his heart in compassion, the kids were being loud. He calmly said, "Girls, you need to hear this too. Mommy feels sad in her head and she needs our cooperation." As K has been into empty polish bottles as princess potions, she rushes to her room to "make me a potion to help me feel happy."Later Shalae insisted on taking the piles of laundry off to each designated room. She said "I help with the laundry. Mommy, I love you so much." How astounding that a 2 and 1/2 year old could be so in tune of what is going on around her. (Yes tantrum city 7 minutes later when sister wouldn't let her open her special drawer but it was still a previous beautiful moment.) She was taking some clothes to mommy and daddy's bed and as she came back out she said, "Mommy, I'm not scared of the dark. The dark helps me sleep." I had taught her that only once last week as she was telling me how scared of the dark she was. I told her the dark was alright and we walked to each room saying hi to the dark. Only once and she let me know she was not afraid. Those moments. Few and far between at times. Those times smack dab in the middle of some glob of despair; it finds you. It seeks you out as if it was so easy to find me. This reassurance that everything is going to be alright. And these are those little moments that helps your day to heal so that healing can carry you to your sleepy early morning. As it finds you, you can sleep knowing you saw a tiny miracle shining just around that corner you thought would be hard to spot. Its a truly beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment