...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dealings with those things called emotions..

Today, I still love my worry, but it's been a difficult one. I have diagnosed K with the terrible fours. She never really had the terrible twos, or really the threes, but there is something different about now. Although if I think more about it, it may be this thing called dealing with emotions and how to cope with outside elements that cause her to react negatively when I ask her to do things she does not want to do or not allow her to do things she has requested to do.

Won't this be interesting for her to look back on and read someday. If she will have glimpses of these hard days we continue to have. And how the thoughts I share throughout this blog will help her in her perspective when she has children someday. As I was showering, trying to cool down from all the frustration, a thought popped into my head... She was not trying to attack you as a mother, disrespect you intentionally.. All she knew in that moment of "childhood rage" is that she does not feel well, she loves her mother, and she does not want to take a bath. There are different levels of attention, acceptance, and care that can be measured with people in or around our world. Those that simply need or want something we have, those that used to be close to us and now because of one reason or another, are not, those we deal with everyday without our immediate choice, those that we love and look forward or speaking to; the list goes on. Those little ones in my very own home love and forgive me more than I deserve and that is a timeless truth. So I will now finish this post, pick up lil S. That just woke up and go snuggle and apologize to my two girly treasures. Yes. That is what I will do!
Wow, now don't we all feel better?



No comments:

Post a Comment