...

Monday, October 26, 2015

On Levels of Connection


This is my safe space to write. To let thoughts flow without fear of judgement from anyone. Where is your place? So, my question today: What do you do in those moments that you feel disconnected? Those times where you attempt to reach out to those you know, to pour your heart, out only to get nothing in return. What do you think some reasons are for people masking how it really is in their life? To have this, life is great, the grass is greener here, I have it all together type attitude some carry around with them. But yet on the opposite side of that, you have those that seem to have it together, share with the world that they really don't, and people go crazy; soaking up all that individual has to say? Are they almost enjoying the fact that they were right about someone "so perfect?" Would we still listen to these women if they were poor or unfortunate looking or if we didn't know what they looked like at all? So how is it that one post can get 5,000 likes and 100 comments, thanking this person for opening up about their life? Doesn't that make you think that we all want to open up to someone but just don't? For the reasons we are still trying to figure out individually. I hope at least some of this makes sense. I believe we all have feelings we want to share that will relieve some of those feelings of loneliness. Your supposedly only suppose to offer out your soul at the same degree as someone else does. A new friend offers some personal information about themselves, you do the same. You take a chance and express a little more to them and they look uncomfortable or no longer offer additional thought provoking information back. Or they offer more in return and you connect on a deeper level then, "that was a crazy storm today, wasn't it?" I read that introverts hate small talk and do better one one one then in a group. Well that is me to a T and that may be why I write. Hoping that the one person who is reading this is the one I am able to connect with right now. "These words are my diary screaming out loud." So if you want to write and also scream out your diary, I would welcome those words with open arms. I started it. I'm the brave one right now. We could all take turns writing back and being brave. I will probably end up writing more about introvert qualities because personality types intrigue me. When I grew up I wanted to be a physiologist or an interior designer. :D

1 comment: