...

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DIY Simple Christmas Countdown Blocks

I found this idea on howdoesshe.com, on this specific post here. This was the first big craft site I discovered. I was copying and pasting images to microsoft like crazy. Making plans and getting all excited..  Then, I my sister introduced me to Pinterest...... and it... was.... life changing! ;)

Wow, so, going on 3 years ago I made this. My H loves Christmas time. The only time he really gets close to 'gitty' is when the subject is Christmas time (not necessarily the actual day) So yes, it was my way of copping out on a great gift, since he is again, so hard to buy for, and making something nice that would look great in our home. So I used some scraps of wood that I had in my stash. 

I sanded them, painted them and used glossy modge podge to attach the Christmas paper. 

I printed the 'Days 'Til Christmas' onto the paper with my printer (sadly I do not have a vinyl machine.. yet.. ) and I used sticker numbers for all of my blocks. The site I found was helpful, first, for which numbers to put on which blocks so they all worked out. 

*The bow was not working out as pretty as I wanted it to be, so I did the round piece and hot glued it, then hot glued the separate bow to the top of it. If I were to do it over I would have made it all one piece so I could loosen it if it were hard to switch out the blocks, because sometimes it is. Live and learn Tip.

Voila. I was happy with how it turned out and at that time, it really was, 'as craft as I could' :D :D




No comments:

Post a Comment