...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

15 month old ball of static cling

This is a place where I can unload my thoughts and feelings with the hopes that I may get some comments along the road of those that feel similar, so we can all feel like were not the only ones going through the same things.
S was very needy today. 15 month old ball of static cling. Where ever I went, she needed to go. I know when she grabs on to one finger to walk along with me, then the other.. that it is going to be one of those days.

Kahleena was at preschool, I put on some music, let her roam through my craft box so I could get some clay creations accomplished. Living room, kitchen, back to living room, fussy fussy. I asked her if she was hungry and if she wanted a cracker, she nodded her head yes. I put her in her highchair, gave her food to her and started again, to work at the table. She very quickly realized what I was doing and suddenly refused to be hungry any longer.

I was one of those growl cries..I have not heard those very often at all. She was genuinely upset that my full and undivided attention was not on her. Have you ever really wanted to get something done with kids around.... doing the dishes, making a craft, cooking a meal... and so you give them something they normally don't get to play with because you know it will keep their attention... and then it takes longer to clean up that thing you gave them to play with then it did completing the thing you wanted to accomplish? And then you realize you could have just played with them and completed that thing after they had gone to bed or when daddy got home to save you from the craziness?

It really helps to write here. It helps because once you get your mind out on paper or screen. When the thoughts flow from your brain to your fingertips and just... out.... it puts things in perspective.

 I was so impatient with Shalae today. I was so consumed with what I was trying to finish up that I didn't read between the lines that she couldn't say..
"Mommy, this should be our time now that Kahleena is not here. I want you on my level, reading me a book or laughing with me.. This is the only way I can get your attention and if your not picking up the hint I'm putting down, I'm going to have to be more forceful in the only way I know how."
Oh how kids would put us in our place if they could reason like us. How many times have you thought that before? I think about it a lot and even if they don't get it does not give me the right to treat them any less respected than I would treat an adult. (Man this pep talk I am giving myself would have been helpful this morning!! Maybe it will seep into tomorrow..)

It also helps to write to you.. the person reading this... because if you don't follow this blog( or the program is being ridiculous and won't let you leave a comment on a blog that you want to leave a comment on so you get sick of re typing it to see if it will work this time that you just give up? That has happen to me several times) then I will not know if you are reading it or not. But just in case you are.. that is why I am writing in a "YOU" form instead of a "me" form. Because maybe YOU can relate to this post. And I don't know about you, but sometimes just knowing I am not the only one feeling a certain way, it some how makes things feel better.. not so hard. . maybe its a girl thing, I'm not sure but that is just the way I am.

Until the next thought bubble comes,

No comments:

Post a Comment