...

Monday, November 10, 2014

Flashbacks of daydreams

Of course, we are all different. What "sends shivers down me shins" may just get blank looks from you but my post today is about twinkle lights. Yep, white Christmas lights. Ours is the icicle lights wrapped with that dollar store silver wire stuff with lil stars on it that you decorate tables for parties with. It makes it extra shiny and extra magical. I love them because when I plug them in, things are alright. ( everything's ooookkkk;)  I have flashbacks of day dreams of when I was younger, what my kids would look like, what kind of house I would have. This is the life I wanted and this is the life I have. Twinkle lights in my girls' room reminds me of the sweetness I wanted, and got. When their laughing and twirling, smiling and playing. S always walks in after I've plugged the lights on and says. "Wooooww.. ", all mysterious like. My family doesn't know my excitement for them nor the fact that they are only aloud to be plugged in if we've had a good happy non contentious evening..when problems have been talked over, when communications have been calm. ( I only sing my most favorite primary songs on those nights too.) So, if you don't already have them, get them and they could be your cheer me up, mystical fairy tale, feel to a room too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment