...

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grinch's pudding face

I want to be able to look back on the moments, to read a descriptive entry written by me and then say "oh ya!! I totally forgot about that!.. Good thing I wrote these things down!" That is me. I have a horrible memory.. so I record a lot o f t h I n g s !!

Remember, S has been particular and fussy. I can't believe she is 15 months old, I just have to add that in a lot. So cereal.. stressful at our house when it comes to the kids. ( and I love cereal but only certain kinds, only with real cold milk, only if I can eat it fast enough where it does not get soggy.. :D and only for every meal :)I have to put the bag of cereal right in front of K so she will be able to take a tiny bit and once that is gone, she puts a tiny bit more in her bowl... because if it gets soggy in the milk she will not eat it and I don't want her wasting it. And I make her drink her milk and she does not like doing that.. but yet she is still asking for cereal. So evening time, hubby is working, we are watching The Grinch ( Yes it is only November 11th.. we are very into Christmas at our house and start very.. very.. early. And K decided she is not scared of the movie, so there is that) I had a salad for dinner and am still hungry so I pour myself some cereal and come sit back down next to the childrens. S wants some, I give her a little spoon ful. She some how inhales it, coughs, then makes sure she spits out every tiny little piece that is in her mouth.. I have to wash off my hand in the sink, rushing because of the horrible thought of my soggy cereal.

So I sit down again and K wants some now, so I am spoon feeding her (which makes me furious because I am feeding my four year old on the couch while she gets to sit back, relax and watch a movie which should not be ok but I am doing it anyway, for some strange reason..) So I am trying to hurry and feed me and two kids from the same spoon and the same bowl (ya we're one of those families.. at least I am)

S is whining to get back up on the couch so I get her up and she keeps pulling on my arm (because she wants both my hands on her cheeks because she is getting sleepy) So I am holding her with my leg so she does not fall off the couch while trying not to spill, one hand holding the bowl, one hand holding the spoon feeding K. I am starting to get upset at this point, hurrying to feed K before S falls and before it gets soggy.

The greatest part, I guess why I am writing about all this. It happened to be the part in The Grinch while they are shoveling spoonfuls of pudding in his mouth. I realized while I was having my annoyance moment, that part had past and I said, "Are you feeling like the Grinch right now?" K laughed and said yes.. It was ridiculous. I was being ridiculous. I was acting like a Grinch with my quick to impatience moment.
Mommy calm down.. its just cereal. . it will be alright. You're nice to try and help both kids at the same time while attempting to help your hungry tummy too.
So we turned an annoyance moment into a silly one. S stopped fussing once we were done with the cereal fiasco and it all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment