...

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Taste of Child Like Memories

It really is wonderful to be alive. It is wonderful because of the knowledge of the true church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is wonderful because when you are trying to do what is right, the Lord will bless you. You can be blessed with thoughts of purpose and enthusiasm for a new day. You can be proactive, helpful and cheerful. You can feel the hand of the Lord guiding your daily efforts. There is so much to learn, so much to teach and so many to inspire. The little things that bring you daily joy can make your heart giggle; feeling light and happy. In combination with all these wonderful things, my thoughts today were directed towards my little girls. The simple joys of today were how fun it is to be able to have fun and be silly with these sweet spirits. As I have rainbow bracelets and shiny play rings on my fingers, slipping off as I try and make them lunch. I have butterfly wings on as I go out to check the mail. I have my pink feather boa get caught in the door as I bring laundry from downstairs. I have a red queen robe swishing behind me as I rush to the kitchen to get little one a drink of water. My lil K loves to play dress up, imagination, pretend. Instead of holding a horse toy, she would rather BE the horse. Lil S is right there behind her, fascinated by the excitement her big sister throws into her day to day games. They are precious and pure. They are innocent and care free. "Let them be little" comes to mind when I'm getting frustrated with all the things I think K should be helping me with. They only have those child characteristics for so long and then they will be gone. As I try and remember that, I let myself have a taste of child like memories and I go along with these sweet moments. I need to more fully soak in all the sunshine they still want to offer their mommy. Let them be little, but also let them help me remember what it was like to be little. And that is where daily simple joys can lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment