...

Monday, November 17, 2014

Give your senses something to smile about

The things that I like about blogs that stick with me is what I want to portray in my own blog of course, wouldn't that make sense?
~Consistancy. I know everyones life gets busy and no one can blog every single day with ease unless other important parts of their lives are lacking. But I like to see bloggers that write something at least once a week. It is fun to check a blog you enjoy and see something new posted, no matter what it may be.

~Depth. I would rather check a strangers blogger that's "real" with you than to log on facebook and see friends only post about happy great fun wonderful things they have seen or done. You know their smiling faces in those photos are not always that chipper. It helps you relate to someone, human to human to hear about the good and the bad in their life. I joined a mommy group not to talk about the weather with someone. I want to be able to ask them the real questions that have been weighing on me. I want to get into a discussion about fears and joys that make up our lives as women.

~Ideas. As craft as you can means you gave it your all, no matter what it is, and you are learning to love what YOU'VE done, not how it compares to someone else. "Found this on Pinterest... Nailed it!" I love those pictures because they are hilarious when you tried something, know it didn't work out the way you wanted it to, but you don't lose sleep over it. Find an idea on Pinterest and make it your own. Be proud of the work you put into creating something that didn't exist before!

~Photos. I am a visual learner, I always have been. "Let your eyes dance around the room." is a quote I read from decorating blog, talking about how you don't want your house to look like everyone elses. Give your senses something to smile about. For me, sight is my most smiling sense. I have always loved those 3D pictures where your eyes have to go all funky to see the image. My grandparents had large framed pictures and calendars of those so many of my cousins could not see but I could. Anyway, visual. I love a blog that has a picture attached to every post. Until I continue in the process of learning my camera and photography, this may not apply to me currently but oh, it will. It is a dream of mine to take great pictures and I intend to continue to learn and practice.

SO, these are the reasons I love certain kinds of blogs, examples of the ones that inspire that are listed on the right hand side of my blog. Therefore, it is what I want to continue through the one I am trying to build now! Happy reading, seeing, visualizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment